From simple, standard electric cable I built a capacitive sensor to assess the water level in my water container. While the circuit was replicated from this blog (thanks for sharing!), I’d like to share how I built the actual capacitor.
I replaced the stock hotend of the Fabtotum Personal Fabricator Hybrid Head v1 by an E3D Lite6 hotend (The full metal V6 should work the same way). In this post I describe the steps to remove the old hotend, get in the new hotend and the simple modifications to the firmware that were required.
I wanted to have a floating table of contents for my posts, but could not find any free plugin that allowed me to do so. Using a combination of plugins, I created a floating TOC myself, which is not perfect, but good enough.
The approach for creating feature-rich hiking maps described in my earlier post was limited in area, since it uses the Overpass API to download OSM data. The Overpass API has a restriction with regard to the amount of data downloadable in one go. In this post I describe a way to download a much larger area if needed, using the PBF files available from Geofrabrik and processing them with Osmosis.
I wrote a Python EPG scraper for the EPG data of the German TV stations broadcast by ARD. It is legal for private use. Here I share the code and my thoughts behind it.
The comment by Argus Nymus on my Media Center for German IPTV post made it clear that my approach with playlist filtering via web proxy was way too overengineered. For several reasons I needed to rebuild my media center anyhow, so it was time to simplify my approch, which I describe in some detail here.
This post is to share my self-made 3D printed housing for a 5V USB voltage converter. Since the used converter board is quite common, I guess others may profit from this design.
The installation of my fuel cell heating required a bi-directional power meter. Bonn Netz, my local power network provider, uses meters of type EasyMeter Q3M which have two infrared interfaces: A bidirectional D0 interface, and a read-only info interface. I use the info interface (INFO-DSS) to read out power consumption and production of the three phases. For this, I built an optical interface, a 3D printed housing for it, and use the UART of a Raspberry Pi with python to get the values.
I use the Rigol DS1054Z as my benchtop oscilloscope now since a few years (the one in my title image), and I am rather happy with it. However, one thing never worked for me (but is of utterly low importance – it was just nagging me): You can access a (very) few scope functions via the web interface when opening http://[IP of the scope]. The network settings section is password protected, and according to e.g. this post on EEVblog the user “rigollan” with password “111111” should work. It never worked for me. Other posts claim that “test” or even “blah” is the correct username, password “111111”. Did not work for me either. This finally worked:
- Go to http://[IP of the scope]
- Go to “Security”
- Enter both as old and new password “111111” and confirm –> Success message appears
- Now I can log in with any user with four or less letters, among them “test” and “blah”, but also “a” or “1234” works!